Monday 27 December 2010

24+4 - Shopping times

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and got everything they wished for! We all got completely spoiled (Mitch, Cupcake and Me!) but me especially - I must have been a very good girl this year! I couldn't even begin to list all the beautiful presents I got; I'm still completely overwhelmed by everyones generosity and kindness. I will take a few pictures of some of the lovely things Cupcake got for Christmas, and hopefully try and post those over the next few days.

I'm also aware that I'm due a bump picture which I'm going to try and take tomorrow (better late than never right?), but I'm pretty convinced that the majority of my bump is now turkey based, so shouldn't be judged too harshly. I have eaten so much lovely food these past few days, and it doesn't really show any signs of stopping over the next few days. Buffets, meals and family gatherings seem to be the order for this week, which is lovely, but I'm also shattered! Not sleeping particularly well - I'm just going to put that down to constantly being excited about something.

Today was a hugely exciting day as we went proper shopping! It started off with a 9am IKEA visit involving free bacon cobs, and ended with collapsing in the bath at about 5pm with very achey feet. Still, the visit proved hugely successful, as we have ordered / bought -

1. The drawers for the nursery from IKEA, ready to be put up tomorrow. Cheap and cheerful, and match the wardrobes already in the spare room. (Link)

2. A few things from the Sleepy Owl range at Dunelm Mill, for decoration and cuteness! (Link)

3. A cot! This should hopefully come early next week when Mitch is still off work, so may even be put up next week too! I'm reeeeally excited that this may be put up soon, and really like the cot we've ended up getting - plain white and simple but seems really chunky and practical. Thank you mum and dad! (Link)

4. Kind of cheating as it was last night we ordered this, but the car seat. I wasn't going to get an expensive car seat - just an Argos branded one, however this on sale last night for about half price so we ordered it. Back to full price this morning! (Link)

So I feel much more organised than previously. Mitch is making the ultimate sacrifice and unboxing his DVDs (temporarily!) to put into folders to make room for baby stuff. This is where I wish we had more room, but we don't, so not a lot of point wishing really! That should mean we can have a shuffle round with furniture and decide what can go where. This, along with the fact my dad is coming to do some shelving tomorrow, should mean I can start organising baby things as and when we get them. How exciting!

Anyway, I intended for this just to be a short update as Mitch is asleep, but you might be able to tell I'm quite excited today :). Little one has still been kicking away a little - still not consistently but I'm attributing that to the anterior placenta still. Seeing midwife again on Thursday so looking forward to that, then it's down to going every 3 weeks!

Big Congratulations to someone who received some very good news over the last few days, and a belated Happy Christmas to everyone else.

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment