Thursday 24 March 2011

37 - Full Term!!

37 weeks today - I am officially classed as full term!! That means baby can come anytime from today and won't be treated as premature, and I would be able to try for my water birth - yay :D

And I am happy to say that I am 37 weeks and feeling fantastic! I'm sleeping better, feeling better, and just feel perfectly happy to be pregnant. I may completely regret saying this in a few weeks, but I'm just perfectly content - baby can arrive whenever she wants now, but can also feel free to give me a few weeks off too - whatever she wants to do.

I'm loving my first week off on maternity leave - the sun in shining; I've done lots of washing and pottering; I've caught up with some friends and had a few little walks out in the sunshine. I'm sure the maternity boredom will catch up soon but it's lovely to be able to have relaxing days with lots of chilling out - I'm getting better at it!

I've been waking up at about 7 as normal, but it's so easy to get up when you're not rushing round getting ready for work in a hurry. I can shower and eat breakfast at a leisurely pace, put some washing in, and just do whatever I feel like. There is a slight issue in that I think I may end up the size of a house - biscuits are just far too tempting when they stare at you from the kitchen.

I've bought a few nursing bras which was much less painful than I though - I'd got it in my head they would be like parachute so feel glad I've managed to buy some that aren't completely fugly. Also ordered the basket for the pram yesterday so that should be delivered to Mothercare sometime next week.

My list of things to get has completely dwindled down to one or two things now, and a few things I'll get after baby is here. People keep asking if I have everything and I think so? I just don't know where this calm has descended from - I was massively stressing out last week and now I just feel super calm and ready. The calm before the storm? Quite possibly...!

This is my last week with a car though, as we've decided to take my car off the road to save money while I'm on maternity leave. This will be rubbish, as I'm so used to having a car. But, I have legs and it won't kill me! It may also help me get back in shape after she is here, and I'll still have access to Mitch's car evenings / weekends. Plus I have very helpful friends for lifts ;P

On the baby birthday guessing front, so far Ben and my dad have been wrong, and Sarah has guessed tomorrow. Feel free to add your guess!

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment