Wednesday 9 March 2011

34+6 - GTT done!

I've just got back from my glucose tolerance test at the hospital, and nothing to report yet! Will get a phonecall tomorrow if there's anything in my results that would indicate gestational diabetes, if not I'll receive a letter over the next few days. So, fingers crossed for no phonecall?

I ate some toast first thing at 7, and I was only able to sip water afterwards until my hospital appointment. I had some blood taken, then had to chug a pint of Lucozade, which I have never drunk before, and it is gross! Why would anyone ever drink such vile stuff?! Then had to go back a few hours later and have some more blood taken.

However on the positive side, a midwife saw me about half way through my wait, and gave me a quick check up. Baby is still lying head down, and is apparently 4/5 engaged! However she must be a good girl and stay in there for a little while longer as I'm not quite ready and have a few things left to do at work / teacher training :).

The midwife also shed a little light on the pain I've been feeling in the middle of my chest, just under my breastbone. Apparently it's your stomach muscles starting to pull apart - lush!

A combination of these things has led me to put a few things in a hospital bag, although I've ended up with one for me and one for baby - I had no idea how much stuff you had to take! I'm sure I'll unpack and repack about amillion times over the next few weeks, but at least I have one for now :).

Hope all my lovely pregnant and none pregnant friends are well, and good luck to KQ with her 20 week scan tomorrow, hope baby co-operates and flashes their bits!

With love and light xo

1 comment:

  1. Answered my other question, glad it went well. You may be having an arrival much sooner than expected then! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete