Friday 4 March 2011

34+1 - Glucose tolerance test

Went to the midwife yesterday and I did have glucose in my urine again, so I'm off to the hospital next Wednesday for a glucose tolerance test. I have to not eat or drink anything before the test (which is at 2.15 so all day!), not even a swig of water or a bit of chewing gum. I am going to be a nightmare.

Apparently I have to then drink a controlled amount of lucozade, they take my blood before and after 3 hours to find out how my body is processing the sugars. Then on either Thursday or Friday they'll let me know the results, and if I have gestational diabetes. Woop woop.

With love and light xo

5 comments:

  1. As a diabetic dont worry about gestational diabetes i will be a pain in the ass and i hope you dont have it but dont worry as it wont be that bad x

    Paul lomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou honey :). Just obviously hoping not! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to have that done. You will be fine, it is quite common. I was growing big to so had another scan xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reassurance honey. I'm not looking forward to the not eating though :( lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did it go? It is quite hard not eating and can be boring waiting around with your bottle of lucozade. x

    ReplyDelete