Tuesday 15 March 2011

35+5 - Baby shower!

Oh my gosh, it is now less than a month till babies due date! How crazy is that? I keep changing my mind, I'm torn between wanting her to come ASAP, and wanting another 9 months to prepare! I would definitely like an actual specific date that she will be here, all this guessing is too difficult to deal with!

First things first, my results came back all okay from the gestational diabetes test, so all is well on that front thankfully :).

This week is also my last week at work - still sorting out bits and pieces so it definitely hasn't quite sunk in yet that this time next week I won't actually be going. I have no idea how that will feel to be honest - my mum seems to think baby will be here by then so I won't actually get the week off I've been dreaming of! I've got lots of little jobs to keep me busy anyway, but I'm going to try and get some rest too on the advice of everyone else!

Last Friday night was my surprise baby shower - courtesy of the amazingly sneaky Chloe Steel, and my super secret family!

I literally had no idea at all, and it was just amazing. I could gush about what a fantastic time I had for the next few hours, but it was so lovely to see everyone and have a giggle playing ridiculous games, including:

- make a baby out of plasticine (see right for evidence!)
- put the nappy on the bear
- human nappies
- pass the baby in an unfit fashion!

It was so fantastic to see everyone and eat lots of tasty cupcakes! We got given so many lovely things, everyone was so generous, we will literally have the best dressed baby in the universe! And in true fashion, the baby shower ended up in the pub at the end of the street playing pool at 1am.

We spent all day Saturday running baby related errands, including sorting out all the clothes into sizes and what we had / hadn't got etc., so I now feel about ten million times more prepared! Also bought a few baby bits and pieces, including a moses basket and changing mat, so feel much more organised now - minus the occasional minor freakout.

Yesterday involved sorting out some more housey things which I promise I'll blog about soon, just don't like to jinx them! And this afternoon the midwife is coming to the flat to create my birth plan. Got some great choices to make, including tear or episiotomy? Can I just tick the neither box please?!

All in all, has been a busy week! So if baby can listen up and at least give me a week off work that would be much appreciated...

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment