Thursday 13 January 2011

27 - Third trimester?

I am exactly 27 weeks pregnant today! That means I have 13 weeks, or 91 days, or pretty much exactly 3 months left to go until my due date. I also think that means I’m in my third trimester today, although conflicting information seems to suggest that could be between 26 – 29 weeks. However I am a third down, so third trimester seems about right! Baby will almost certainly be late though, as she will want me to chill out and watch as much Grey’s Anatomy as possible / be a whale for as long as possible.

I’ve been a little under the weather for the past few days, experiencing my first ever migraine on Sunday night / Monday morning. I now have incredible amounts of sympathy for people that have to go through this regularly – I felt like my eyes were falling out my face! Follow this up with dizziness, sickness, and a persistent headache for a few days and you get quite a miserable Lizz. Still don’t feel 100%, but feel a lot better, and a lot less miserable! The headache seems to be slowly shifting itself, and trying very hard to drink Olympic pool amounts of water and relax as much as possible. Keep having dizzy spells when teaching so trying hard to sit down as much as possible, but it’s becoming very frustrating.

Also struggling with sleep a little at the moment, as starting to get quite uncomfortable! I seem to wake up every few hours when my hip starts to ache from being lay on it, or my back is uncomfortable. Sleeping better than a few weeks ago though so can’t really complain!

End of moaniness I promise. The blog is a little bit of a catch 22, as I find it really cathartic to write things down, but I also hate moaning about something which is so amazing and incredible that my body is doing. I’m trying to stay very positive, and mostly succeeding, apart from the odd blip that Mitch helps me through!

In baby related news, we’re really starting to get things together! Over the weekend I started putting tiny clothes away in the drawers, grouped by age group. I realised I have no concept of how quickly babies grow – I’ve read the books but it was very different being able to physically see the clothes get bigger!

As previously mentioned, the carrycot for the pram also arrived, meaning our beautiful pram is good to go. I still keep going in the spare room (or nursery I suppose!) for a push around and to admire how beautiful it is. I am lame.

Finally dragged my bum swimming last week which was surprisingly enjoyable! Hoped to make it a weekly thing, but I’m still not feeling great so giving it a miss tonight. However going to get on it again ASAP as I want to try and exercise more – I realised I’ve done barely anything for 5 months and feel so incredibly unfit. I will never get back climbing at this rate!

Also dreamed about climbing last night, which has made me realise how much I actually miss regularly going. I miss the social aspect of having a giggle with some friends, I miss spending time with Mitch doing something we both love, and I miss how much fitter it made me feel. Not that I’d change anything for the world, but really hoping to be able to take baby this time next year!

Everyone seems to be commenting on my bump these past few weeks, so I guess I must have had a bit of a growth spurt! Glad to not just be looking tubby. No stretch marks yet, although having a daily inspection to see if this has changed! Belly button also looking a little flatter and wider, so I’m not quite sure how many weeks that’s got left.

So, not much is happening here really! I finally have the 3D scan video ripped to the PC, so will edit that down to 5 minutes or so and post that in the next few days hopefully :).

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment