Wednesday 20 April 2011

1 Week


Today my beautiful little girl is one week old. I've been thinking all week about what profound things I could write for my first blog entry, and how I could explain just how much my / our lives have changed in a week. I keep coming up blank.

She is so completely perfect in every single way. I love her so much it's actually quite scary - how are we possibly going to carry on with our lives without spending every second watching her? Listening to her breathing, stroking her hair, watching her perfect little lips purse and stroking her beautiful hair?

I've got so much to say I don't know where to start! I want to write about the hospital, about her birth and first few days and milestones, and I don't want to forget anything! But then I also don't want to spend my time writing about it - I want to live it and breathe it.

To summarise - the beautiful Alice Elizabeth was born at 9.52pm on the 14th April, weighing 7lb 14 oz.

We had the birth we wanted, and I fully intend to write up the birth story soon! A water birth, using the tens machine with a little gas and air towards the end, and she was perfect from the second she was born.

We're struggling with a lot of things, and sometimes it feels like this is an impossible task. We're persevering with breastfeeding, although we've had a few mini melt downs. Who'd have thought something so natural could be so difficult? I don't think I'll feel better about it till she starts gaining weight, which could be up to a month. It's completely not what I imagined but when it's going well it's amazing. When it's not going well it's impossible. We're taking every feed as it comes.

I literally could not have gotten through this past week without the support and help of Mitch - he is the most amazing daddy in the world, and has completely looked after us both all week. I didn't realise I could have so much love to share with daddy and baby!

I'll hopefully be able to blog a little more now I've got used to typing one handed!


With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment