Thursday 30 September 2010

11+3 - Nervous

I've been a little quiet on the blog front for a few days, but I've just been quite busy with work! And to be honest, a little apprehensive about the 12 week scan. I'm kind of banning myself from reading horror stories until afterwards now, as they stick in your head and play on your mind all night.

At the weekend I drove to Cornwall and back to see my oldest friend graduate. It was fantastic to see everyone, and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, but I was sooooo tired. It took 9 hours to drive down due to traffic on the M5, and I drove down straight from work, meaning we didn’t arrive until 2am. Also drove on the creepiest roads in the world – I was so thankful not to be alone! Jess’ graduation was amazing though, on the cliff in Plymouth looking out to sea. Everyone that graduated got their name rated for baby appropriateness but no-one passed my stringent testing! Luckily only took 5 hours to drive back so a much more pleasant drive, with no falling asleep that time either.

All seems to be well with baby - aka Babo, Flump, Bean, Bump! Been feeling super tired all week, I think a mix of Cornwall, work, worry and baby. Been sleeping a lot better though and managing to actually sleep through with only waking up a few times. Thought I was past the sickness stage but had a bit of a relapse this week and gone back to not being able to eat / look at food / think about food without vomiting! Seems to only be mornings and evenings though so luckily (really?) I’m okay at work. Aching seems to have also stopped this week!

I can no longer do up any of my work trousers, but I’ve been saved by the wonder of ASDA bump bands! They’re like thick strips of elastic, that go over your bump (or tub in my case!) and the tops of your trousers so you can leave your trousers undone, they don’t fall down and no-one can tell! £8 for 2, so hoping I can get by with these for a few weeks / months. I do have a pair of maternity jeans that I bought in the sale with my birthday money but not had to use really yet.

I am literally dying to tell everyone now. The novelty of having a secret has worn off, and every day I’m surprised that I’ve got home without telling the world! Consequently by the time I get home I’m about ready to explode and just blab about baby stuff for an hour to Mitchell. I just want everyone to know so I can talk about it constantly!! I’m going to tell grandparents / family this weekend, so by the time I’ve had my scan on Tuesday the whole world can know and I can stop hiding. The question is – to Facebook or not to Facebook?!

I keep being asked if I think it’s a boy or a girl and honestly I have no idea. I think after the 12 week scan I’m going to start some kind of voting thing on here so I can get opinions!

This week I have took pictures, but Mitch’s camera seems to be having an off week and consequently all the pictures (loads!) are blurry! So I’m going to wait till 12 weeks and just miss a week early on. Hoping to get my SLR back this weekend so I’ll just use that instead.

I guess that's it for baby news at the moment! It's hard to write in here when I know that so few people are reading, but I want to make it public soon anyway. And I just want to keep a record of how amazing growing a baby is :).

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment