Wednesday 22 September 2010

10+2 - Aches

Damn, yesterday I spoke to soon - had a bowl of cornflakes this morning and proceeded to throw it all back up, plus my pint of orange juice – yum! However I was sat there with a smile on my face thinking – at least this is baby! Pregnancy makes you look at things in a very strange way…

Also had hip / knee / joint aches for the past few days which have been very frustrating. I’ve been trying to avoid tablets but I’ve taken one before work for the past few days just to take the edge off a little. I feel like my body is failing me! Also completely fed up of this lack of sleep. I’m so used to sleeping well and I guess I kind of took it for granted.

Midwife tomorrow though – hopefully will be able to ask her about paracetamol etc. No idea the kind of information she’s going to ask, or if it will be 5 mins or 45 minutes! Guess we’ll see tomorrow. Going straight back to work afterwards so hopefully she doesn’t take a pint of blood and make me pass out. Having a word with my boss later about the pregnancy which I’m more than a little nervous about.

In none baby related news I have no boiler! We thought just the on / off switch was broken as you had to hold it down to have any hot water, but when we fitted the new switch (£40!) it’s now not working at all. Hopefully having a plumber coming to look at it over the next few days to see if it can be an easy fix / faulty switch and if not we may have to call the gas board. Bad timing – but I suppose it can’t be helped.

This entry might sound very negative but I’m not – actually feeling super positive today! Everything will all work out, and the annoying symptoms are just a drop in the ocean compared to how lucky we are :)

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment