Friday 24 September 2010

10+4 - Midwife

So, yesterday I had my first midwife appointment! I was a little nervous, even though I knew she wouldn’t be able to check baby / heartbeat or anything. I’d just got it into my head that I’d turn up and she’d either be horrid, or tell me I wasn’t actually pregnant at all. I know I’m silly. Anyway, she was lovely and I felt comfortable round her straight away. I know she more than likely won’t be with it throughout, but I at least have her for the next few appointments.

We talked through any family history or any previous illnesses etc. Was nice to be able to say no to everything and go through it all nice and quickly, reminds me how lucky I am with my health. She weighed me (eek!), took my height and blood pressure, plus about twenty vials of blood leaving me with an attractive blue bruise. I thought M was going to pass out when I had my blood taken, further reminding me just how useless he will actually be at the main event! (Love you though x :P)

We were there for about an hour, going through the whole process and how often I will see her. My next appointment isn’t until 16 weeks, but my 12 week scan was booked for the 5th October. A week on Tuesday! Excited would be an understatement – I am bouncing off the walls.

So all in all, yesterday was a lovely day. I’m trying not to moan too much about pregnancy symptoms but I feel generally a bit down today. I’ve not slept for more than a few hours all week, and I just keep waking up in pain / to gag or just feel awful. I’m trying to stay positive but I really don’t cope well at all with lack of sleep. Today I just feel like I’ve been dredged up from the swamps and dressed like a human! Really looking forward to sleeping again, and feeling like a normal human being that can eat food at any time of the day, without having to consider if I’ll be sick. I hate moaning, but it’s so difficult to not get down about everything when it all seems so overwhelming.

Anyway, I’m lucky to have my health, and an amazingly supportive boyfriend! I think I’ll leave it there for now.

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment