Monday 30 May 2011

6 Weeks


Alice is now over 6 weeks old, and a lot has happened in the past few weeks! These past few days she has just started with a few little smiles - daddy was the first to see one of these but she's flashed a few more over the weekend. She has a beautiful smile, and it just makes everything in the world light up! Although I'm obviously going to think that.

She's much more alert, and is constantly looking round and taking in the sights and sounds around her. When we're out in the pram she sometimes cries, just because she can't see the world! She makes eye contact with everyone, and follows faces and voices round the room.

We had a lovely day out last weekend to Newstead Abbey, to look round the gardens and have a walk in the sunshine! It's so nice to be able to get out and about a little more now, especially as a little family. It's getting easier to go out now I'm more confident with breastfeeding, as having to time everything round feeds and sleep was proving difficult! Over the past week she has fed in Newstead Abbey, 2 pubs and a garden centre! No negativity as of yet, and each time I'm becoming a little braver I think. I'm determined that I'm not going to stay in the house all the time, so this needs to be done.

A few snaps from Newstead -










We're still getting on well with the cloth nappies, and have now managed to start using these at night time too. We both seem to favour the Bum Genius nappies, so I'm glad I mostly got these. I'm really glad we decided to use cloth - they look so comfy and squidgy! I realised I had no photos of little one in the nappies, so here is her in an Itti Bitti Snap-In-One -




I just cannot believe how big she is getting. She is being weighed on Thursday by the health visitor, so we'll see how much weight she's actually put on. She's out of all her newborn clothes now, and nearly out of some of her 0-3 month clothes!

Finally, a big congratulations to Charlotte and Holly on the birth of their lovely little girls, we are all so lucky :)

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment