Friday 3 June 2011

7 Weeks


Yesterday I took little owl to be weighed with the health visitor - the first time since she was 3 weeks old. Last time she was 8lb 7oz, and yesterday she was 10lb 10oz! That means she's spot on with her weight gain, and is still right in the middle, on the 50th percentile.

She was also measured, and is on the 95th percentile for her length - meaning she is a suuuuper long baby! We knew this anyway, but I was quite surprised at just how long she was. She fits really well in all her tops and trousers, but has nearly outgrown her 0 - 3 month sleepsuits because of her length. Luckily eBay has provided a few little bargains! And she has lots of lovely 3 - 6 month clothes from presents.

Today she's been a little fussy because of the heat - lots of tears and food, but she seems to have calmed down with the cool of this evening *fingers crossed*. Even throughout the tantrums I still catch myself thinking how beautiful she looks! But obviously I'm bound to think that.

We're also still having a few smiles - not many but a few sneaky ones throughout the day. Especially in the morning when daddy is getting ready for work! They really do make everything worthwhile.

I've been asked to make sure I keep blogging a little bit about wedding stuff, so here's a bit of an update! I haven't done anything yet - I've sent lots of emails out but still no closer to any decisions.

We're looking for a really simple, unfussy, relaxed wedding. I'm not big on formality and neither is Mitchell, so we want a simple ceremony, followed by a reception where everyone can have a lovely time and a dance! Our priorities for a venue are somewhere we can do our own catering, somewhere with a little bit of outside space hopefully, and somewhere low cost.

We toyed around with the idea of hiring a barn but haven't been able to find one we can hire yet, so if anyone has any ideas feel free to get in touch! I'm completely open to suggestions at the moment.

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment