Saturday 11 June 2011

Injections

I'm working on a few longer blog posts, but just while I had 5 minutes I thought I'd do a little update.

On Thursday we went for her first set of injections, and the newborn check up at the doctors. I'd not really been looking forward to it, but I know it had to be done. The check up was fine, Alice was all okay, and we actually had a really lovely doctor do it. Then we had to wait a little while for the nurse, so of course Alice fell asleep in my arms.

So we were called through to the other room, and I held her while the nurse prepared the jabs. I wish I'd woken her up first, but she was woken by her first jab. Then I had to quickly switch sides for the second. It was awful, she screamed. Literally screamed - not cried. She held her breath for about 30 seconds before turning red and just shouting in pain! I hated every second of it, especially knowing she's got to go back in 4 weeks for another set. But it's better than her getting ill I suppose!

Other than that we're both well - she's awake much more in the day time now so I get less time, but we have lots of fun and cuddles so that's all that matters! She is now over 8 weeks old, which is just incredible. Where has the time gone?

We've had a wander into town today and picked up 4 packs of vests in various sizes in the Mothercare sale to hopefully see us through till the end of the year. I don't think it will be much longer before she's out of the 0 - 3 clothes!

I'll post more over the next few days, but here's a quick snap of her little smile :)



With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment