Saturday 31 August 2013

Dear Alice - 28 Months

@daynajo91 has just sent me this pic and I can't get over how much Alice looks like Mitch!

Dear Alice,

You are now 28 months old, and you seem to have just got huge all of a sudden! I don't think you've physically grown a lot, but you just seem to have lost a lot of your babyness, and just become this beautiful little girl!

This month you are obsessed with singing, as always, but you've started making up your own songs to the tune of other songs and thinking they're hilarious! You sing pretty much from when you wake up, till when you go to sleep at night.

You are sleeping a little better / later in the morning. We bought a Gro Clock, and although I was initially sceptical it seems to have made a bit of a difference. You wake up in the morning, get yourself out of bed, then sit and play with your toys till the "sun comes up" on the clock. Obviously not all the time, but if it means I get to stay in bed till 7am a few mornings a week then I am happy!

DSC_0041

You are really enjoying jigsaws at the moment, so I went to the carboot last week and bought you a few more. We do all of them every day, and you can do most of them pretty independently now. I am super impressed with how much better you are at jigsaws every time we do them - you really don't like to be helped!

You're memory has improved a lot too these past few months. We tell you something once and you seem to remember it for months - we saw Mick the plasterer again the other day, after you met him once months ago. You said "Oh it's Mick; he fixed Daddy's foot!" Then again this week, I took you to Berry Hill Park and you remembered that it's where we go hunting dragons, without me saying anything.

The memory that particularly impressed me this week was walking to mama's from our house. We picked you a flower and made no reference to it at all really, other than it was pretty. You looked at it, sniffed it, and declared it was lavender! How on earth you recognised it I have no idea but I was pretty gobsmacked.

Cats like bananas too. Untitled

You have been a bit of a toddler lately behaviour wise - you can go from absolutely adorable to monster child in the space of maybe 5 seconds! We've been working on the naughty step and various other things, but you're good most of the time. You're just 2!

We've been taking you swimming on the weekends as Mitch now gets it free with his gym membership. It is your absolute favourite thing to do in the world - you love the slides, the waves, splashing, and just have huge amounts of water confidence. You get better every time we go, and it's a pleasure to see you splashing around!

DSC_0175

You now love speaking on the phone to daddy at work, and ask to ring him a couple of times a day. Your conversations are adorable to listen to, and you tell daddy all about your day. We also downloaded Skype and video chat on lunch time which is lovely, apart from when you kiss my screen and leave smudges everywhere.

Your sister is due any day now, which you will gladly tell to anyone who listens. How much of it you understand is another thing! Everything is ready for her, but I'm just milking these last few days just the 2 of us. You will always be my baby, even when you're my big girl.

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment