Tuesday 28 May 2013

Dear Alice - 25 Months

DSC_0397

Dear Alice,

You are now 25 months old. Do I carry on writing these? Soon I'm not sure I'll have time! For now I'll do my best.

Your words and phrases get better on a daily basis. You now understand to say please, thank you and sorry at the right times, although most of the time you're not really sorry! You're sentences get better every day, and you seem to pick up at least a word or 2 a day. I'm trying to be very careful what I say in front of you!

You can name all the colours, and about 15 shapes. You count to 20 easily, and know about 40 animals. You can tell the difference between some really similar animals - like a rhino and a hippo.

DSC_0380

I went away for 2 nights last weekend for a hen weekend and left you with daddy all weekend. I missed you a lot, and you barely noticed I was gone! You're so good about being looked after by different people. You've never been grumpy about it, but you love attention from different people especially now that they all think you're adorable and you can make them laugh. When I leave for work I can barely get a kiss out of you, you're far too excited to be spending the day with mama or nanny.

You have developed a strange jack in a box obsession. You've had this toy for about 2 years, and not really ever been bothered about it. I put some toys in the spare room in preparation for your sister, and you found it in there. You now carry it everywhere with you and ask for it constantly. I'm hoping you will share!

Colours with daddy Contemplating growing a beard...

You are more and more aware of your baby sister. We try and talk about her, and you give my tummy a kiss and cuddle, but you've still not fully understood and I'm not sure you will.

We've had a few colouring disasters over the past few days, and you are now not allowed your crayons without supervision! You have destroyed the wall twice, the floor, the dining table, your little table, and basically anything that will sit still long enough. Every time I think I've hidden all the crayons, I leave the room then come back to beautifully coloured walls. I'm not sure if you're being naughty or artistic?

Living the dream! Like father like daughter

Yesterday you did your first pee in potty, completely unprompted! You followed me upstairs, asked to sit on your potty, and just did a wee! I was amazed, but you've shown absolutely no interest at all since. I'm just going to keep reminding you of the potty and see what happens.

You ask for cuddles all the time; generally when you've done something wrong and want to make it better. I am not sure I can ever turn down a cuddle.

You've been sleeping really well (...famous last words!), and have thankfully gone back to having a little nap in the day. I'm not sure how long it will last, but you are much happier when you have it, and so am I! You sleep 7pm - 7am which is perfect, and have a nap in the afternoon about 1pm.

DSC_0368

I have times where you seem so little and baby like to me; when I do your bedtime bottle and you snuggle up to me, twist my hair and smell like sweets. And other times when you seem so huge; you run off at the park and giggle and jump and climb up the slide. I don't think I ever want you to grow up, but I'm so proud every time you do.

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment