Friday 5 April 2013

19 Weeks - Blergh

Today I am 19 weeks pregnant, or almost half way through. This is absolutely terrifying.

This might be a bit doom and gloom, but I’m trying to write about all aspects of pregnancy, and some aren’t sunshine and flowers. At the moment, I feel absolutely rubbish. I had a sickness bug last week where I had vomiting etc., and I’ve just not quite got better yet. Since then, I’ve been feeling gross – hugely bloated all the time; constantly full despite not being able to eat; constant nausea; random vomiting; and just a really painful, tender stomach.

Then, to top it all off, I woke up at 1am with diarrhoea which carried on all night and most of this morning; with the addition of extremely painful stomach cramps and lower back pain. Happy days!

To be fair, I’m not sure how much of this is bug related and how much of this is pregnancy related, but I’m a little miserable. I’m uncomfortable, not sleeping, and having to force myself to eat because I know I should. I just feel a little down in the dumps about the whole thing, and don’t remember any of this from last time, or certainly not feeling this uncomfortable so early on.

I’m going on holiday next week and we’ve all been so excited, and I’m just worried I won’t be able to enjoy it properly. We’re all inclusive – I’ve never been all inclusive anywhere! If I can’t drink, I certainly want to be able to eat my own bodyweight in cake!

I know how lucky I am, and I know how this is just a tiny blip in the ocean. I also know this is a bit of miserable post but I wanted to write it all down. Hopefully soon I’ll be back to rainbows and unicorns, but for now I’d quite like to crawl back in my cave and feel better.

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment