Monday 2 April 2012

Dear Alice - 11 Months


Dear Alice,

This month you are 11 months old. When did that happen?!

I seemed to curse myself last time I wrote this, as I said you were sleeping through. Since then you have been waking up once a night at 2am, which is manageable but frustrating!

You have started feeding yourself with a spoon which is quite a messy business! You are also loving blueberries and would quite happily eat a punnet every day.

First ice lolly today! Swings with penguin!

You had your first go in a paddling pool and your first ice lolly in the sunshine. You loved both and had a lovely splash! You also had your first go on a swing and you were a bit unsure to start with, but ended up loving it. Obviously penguin came too.

You've started dancing to music all the time - you have better moves than me. Not difficult.


We went away to Filey for the weekend and had a lovely little break with just the 3 of us. We went swimming, played games, and just chilled out. You took me to Bridlington for Mother's Day where we had donuts on the seafront. It was a brilliant weekend away and we all got chance to relax a little.


This month I also started back at work, which is sad for so so many reasons. I'm only going back 2 days a week but it is still hard. I would love to win the lottery and look after you every day, but you are having the best time with your 2 grandmas (or should I say nanny and mama!). I just know how lucky how I am to be able to go back part time, and that you have childcare I can trust.

We have also had your first recognisable words - we've had lots of sounds before but I would say these are definite words. We have "dat" for cat, and "t" for thankyou / ta. I also think you're understanding a lot more than you're saying - you put your arms up for a hug and definitely understand "no" but you choose to ignore it!

We love you more than anything in the world,

With love and light xo

No comments:

Post a Comment